Protect Your Home Or Apartment With Our Pet Scratch Products
We love our pets, but sometimes they don’t love our doors or our windowsills!
True, they don’t usually know any better and when their claws are damaging the door, the door frame or the window sills it’s because they’re bored or they are so excited to welcome us home that they jump and scratch.
As pet parents, we know our pets don’t cause damage to our homes out of spite. They get bored. They get excited and they damage property. As a pet parent it’s up to us to train away “bad” behaviors through positive reinforcement, but it can’t hurt to use our Door Shields or Protective Tape as a way to further protect the investment in our homes or in the security deposit we paid on our apartment.
If you’re not certain how CLAWGUARD Products can protect your property and make it more difficult for your precious pup to inadvertently cause damage, here are our top uses the products:
- Protect your windowsills from cats claws. If you have cats in the house you know they love to get their claws into places they aren’t supposed to. Sometimes no matter how many scratching posts you have available, your cat will still want to claw a windowsill. Protective Tape can protect the windowsill from scratching.
- Protect windowsills from a chewing dog. Dogs get bored and do things we just wish they wouldn’t. Have you ever had a dog lie on the back of the couch and mindlessly gnaw on the windowsill? We’ve heard that it happens! Dogs are weird, right?! If you have a dog who likes to chew when he’s bored, CLAWGUARD Protective Tape will protect the windowsill.
- A dog who enthusiastically greets you when you come home is a joy to behold. This is especially true if you have had a bad day at work or have just battled your way through rush hour traffic, having your beloved dog greeting you at the door can lift your mood and your spirits. If, however, your dog is so excited to see you that she jumps up on the door and can’t wait for you to open it, you can protect it with our Door Shield. Of course, you can use positive reinforcement training to prevent your dog from jumping on the door in her excitement at your homecoming, but if you’ve tried and it just hasn’t worked, protect the door and let your dog be as enthusiastic as she wants!
- Do your dogs love to be outside? Then they want to come inside. Oh, and then they want to go outside again? You see where we are going with this right? If you have dogs (or cats) who spend the day scratching the door to get your attention to go in and out, our Door Shields can protect the door both inside and outside. It won’t stop your dogs from wanting to go in, then out, then in again, but it will protect the doorjamb.
- You want to protect your windowsills, doors and door jambs, but you’re just not “handy” with tools. If you can wield a pair of scissors you can easily customize our Protective Tape to fit your doors and windows and protect your home. There is no hardware required and that makes “installation” quick and easy enough for anyone to use.
- What if you have relied on hearing your dog or cat scratch the door when he has to go outside? Our Door Shields have a smooth side and a textured side. This lets you determine whether you want to hear the scratching or whether you want to muffle the sound. They also come with optional Velcro fasteners to aid in their stability – something that some of our customers requested.
Don’t worry about having to leave your CLAWGUARD Products behind if you move out of your current home or apartment. You can remove them and bring them with you; it’s an investment in home protection you can use and re-use.